I created this course in response to a growing need for greater awareness of FGM in our communities. The wider the knowledge about this issue, the more we are able to break down the silence that has allowed this abuse to continue. I am a professional midwife and nurse, with experience of working with FGM victims.
The Safeguarding Against FGM course will cover:
- Previously fully accredited course
- Identification of 4 different types of genital mutilation as defined by WHO
- How to recognise whether FGM has occurred
- Asking the right questions about FGM
- Safeguarding procedure
- Community considerations where FGM has been raised as an issue
- Simple mnemonics to help you retain the information you’ve received.